Terms and Conditions for the AIG Women’s Open Ticket Prize Draw
Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions govern the AIG Women’s Open at Muirfield Twitter ticket giveaway (“Prize Competition“) and apply to you so far as the law permits so please read them carefully.
- HSBC Group Management Services of 8 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HQ is the “Promoter” of this Prize Competition and its contractors Hill + Knowlton Strategies (00953243) or (“H+K”) and IMG (UK) Ltd of Chiswick Park, Building 6, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5HR shall manage and run all aspects of this Prize Competition.
Can I enter the Prize Competition?
- The Prize Competition opens at 10:00 BST on Thursday 28 July and closes at 23:59 BST Sunday 31st July. Any entries received after 23:59 BST on Sunday 31st July will not be entered into the Prize Competition.
- No purchase or entry fee is necessary to enter this Prize Competition.
- The Prize Competition, subject to paragraph 6 below, is only open to persons meeting the following criteria:
- Reside in the UK and Ireland (this competition excludes residents of Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man) at the time of entry into the Prize Competition;
- Have registered with an account on or twitter.com
- Must have completed the entry process set out below;
- You must be 18 years or over to enter the Prize Competition.
- The Prize Competition is void where prohibited by law or otherwise is in breach of local or national applicable legislation or other provisions or where there is a conflict of interest.
- You cannot enter if you work in the HSBC Brand Partnerships Team or have been involved in setting up or running this Prize Competition.
How do I enter the Prize Competition?
To enter the Prize Draw, entrants must complete the following actions:
- Follow @HSBC_Sport on Twitter
- To enter, follow @HSBC_Sport on Twitter and retweet the Ticket Giveaway post
What are the Prizes?
- There are 20 pairs of tickets to the AIG Women’s Open at Muirfield on offer. 20 pairs to be won on Twitter, X pairs to be won on Facebook and X pairs to be won on Instagram. The winning Entrant/s will be personally responsible for any and all additional costs incurred above those covered by the prize.
- Each prize is one pair of General Admission tickets to AIG Women’s Open at Muirfield, Scotland on either Thursday 4th, Friday 5th, Saturday 6th or Sunday 7th August 2022. The prize does not include travel or accommodation.
- Use of any tickets to the AIG Women’s Open are subject to the terms and conditions on the tickets and the regulations in force at the applicable venue. The tickets may not be resold under any circumstances.
- Entrants shall be responsible for any act or omission of their guests.
- Prize does not include any additional costs or expenses not specifically identified, including travel.
- All winners will be required to comply with Tickets Terms and Conditions – The AIG Womens Open and all other health and safety protocols which spectators must comply with while attending The Open
How are the winners selected?
- The potential winning Entrants will be selected by a judge appointed by the Promoter from all the valid entries under the supervision of an independent person. The draw will take place after the Prize Competition closes at 23:59 BST on Sunday 31st July. The Promoter will notify the potential winning Entrants, [who may be required to answer an additional question before being confirmed as winning Entrants] via a direct message on Twitter. If the winning Entrants cannot be contacted, do not answer any additional questions correctly or decline to accept the prize then it will be awarded to the first runner up as detailed in paragraph 18 below.
- If the winning Entrant/s drawn randomly are unable to meet any of the requirements in these Terms and Conditions then the prizes will be offered to the first runners up.
- If the prizes offered are unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter can offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. There is no cash alternative. All winning Entrants will be responsible for any tax liabilities.
- The Promoter will endeavour to contact the winning Entrants via direct message within one (1) working day of the Prize Competition closing providing a contact email address for the winner to claim their prize.
- On receipt of the winner’s email claiming their prize, an email will be send to the prize winning entrants which will include details of the prize and how to claim it. Prizes which are not claimed by midday on Wednesday 3rd August will be forfeited. The Promoter reserves the right to pick alternative winning Entrant/s if the prizes are not claimed.
- The winning Entrants are responsible for complying with any reporting obligations arising out of or in connection with the Prize Competition.
- The odds of winning will depend on the total number of valid entries received.
What else do you need to know? Legal Information
- The winning Entrants agree to take part and allow their name and location to be used in any promotional activities reasonably requested by the Promoter.
- The Promoter and its group companies, contractors and agencies will not be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss or damage arising out of organising or holding this Prize Competition or as a result of your participation in the Prize Competition and any activities the prize winning Entrants and their guest/s undertake during participation in the event and whilst travelling to and from the event, or as a result of your winning, collecting, use or enjoyment of any prize, or if the Prize Competition does not run as planned. This clause does not seek to exclude the liability of the Promoter and its group companies and contractors for (a) death or personal injury caused by the Promoter and its group companies, contractors or agencies negligence, (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, and/or (c) any other matter for which it would be unlawful for the Promoter and its group companies and contractors to exclude or attempt to exclude their liability.
- The Promoter can change these Terms and Conditions or cancel the Prize Competition at its discretion and without incurring liability as a result.
- Any entry will be disqualified (at HSBC’s sole discretion) if HSBC believes that it contains, references, is associated with or represents any material that is illegal, obscene, vulgar, offensive, reflects negatively on HSBC or any member of HSBC’s corporate group, or that is otherwise unsuitable. The Promoter also reserves the right to request, and you agree to, take down any comments which contravenes these terms and conditions.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence in relation to the Promoter’s exercise of its rights in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be entered into
- You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website and any other media, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. To the extent that your entry is the subject of any intellectual property rights (for example copyright in a photograph), you hereby grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-license the competition entry and any accompanying materials for any purpose. You hereby waive your moral rights in your entry (including the right to be credited as the author of the works). You warrant that your entry is your own original work, that you own the intellectual property rights in your entry and that your entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Issued by HSBC Group Management Services of 8 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HQ. ©HSBC Group 2022. All Rights Reserved.
- These Terms and Conditions and any disputes arising from these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England & Wales.
- This Prize Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the owner of Twitter.Com. Any information which an individual discloses in the Prize Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. Individuals who enter the Prize Competition acknowledge and agree that Twitter, Facebook and Instagram shall not be held liable for any damage whatsoever arising from their participation in the promotion.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and entrants expressly acknowledge and agree that Twitter have no liability in connection with the administration of the promotion.
Who do you contact if you have any questions or need to find out more information about the Prize Competition?
- To find more or if you have any other questions about this Prize Competition, please send your question by email to HSBCGolf@hkstrategies.com
How do we manage your data?
The Prize will be fulfilled by the Promoter’s agencies Hill + Knowlton Strategies (00953243) and IMG (UK) Ltd.
Any personal information entrants provide will be processed by H+K on the Promoter’s behalf, and used to select the Winning Entrant who will be notified via HSBC Sport Social Accounts on. The Winning Entrant’s details will be shared with IMG (UK) Ltd who will administer the fulfilment and redemption of the Prize. When the Prize has been redeemed, the Promoter will ensure that all Entrant data has been deleted.
If an Entrant has consented to the Promoter’s use of their personal information or images for promotional activities, it will continue to be used for those purposes, unless the Entrant withdraws their consent. Personal data may be stored, transferred and processed in the United Kingdom or overseas (which includes outside of the European Economic Area), by the Promoter, H+K, IMG or other parties on the Promoter’s behalf for the purpose of administering this Prize Draw. More information is contained in HSBC’s Privacy Notice, which is available to view at https://www.hsbc.com/privacy-notice